Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pop-ups, Guineas and PUDs

I've been noticing lately a disgusting little pop-up commercial on my e-mail server, a lovely woman who rapidly gets wrinkled before my eyes, all the while a little counter starts from 20-something and runs until it hits 60. What's up with that, My Beauties??!!?
I'm in lively good mood because my Guineas are home again. They inexplicably left a week ago, I thought strangled or shot for their noise or in somebody's stew pot. No, they were foraging and befriending within a four block area. Gray and I finally spotted them yesterday morning. It took a solid hour to herd them home (they are monumentaly stupid); one blond teen-age girl opened a window to see me following them thru her backyard and asked, "Are you going to eat those?" She seemed relieved to know I would not do that.
Hey, we 'town naysayers' got the upper hand at Town Council meeting. The gigantic Planned Urban Development, unlovingly referred to as the PUD, is on hold, for we now have a 3-2 split on council members. The 'suits' now snidely call it "The People's Council". Well, duh. . .
Merry Sunday to All! Hope you're not stressing about Christmas.
LOVE YA!! Maureen

No comments: